Plan S: Origins, Developments, Speed
UKSG. 10th April 2019.
Professor Martin Paul Eve, Birkbeck, University of London
Pan-European (and possibly broader) initiative for OA by 2020. Includes monographs with time delay.
- "Too fast"
- "Will destroy learned societies"
- Disciplinary exceptionality (APCs, third-party copyright, licensing)
What we don't know... #1
- Hybrid: disallowed, or just unfunded?
- How to handle third-party material (encapsulation, Article 13)
- Legal status of transparency of costs
What we don't know... #2
- XML/JATS deposit in green route: hard work
- Support for alternative business models: how will this be provided?
- When will this apply to books? What are publishers doing to prepare?
- REF: in or out?