This afternoon, after an intense day of writing, I decided that I was finally fed up with maintaining so many different copies of my publication record. I have my institutional repository, my OpenOffice CV document, my Academia.edu profile and, of course, the version on my own site. I decided to do something about this.
Allow me to introduce eprintsCV! This tool will grab your eprints articles, books, conference papers and book chapters and display them in an html list.
So, for my setup here (although I now need to convert the other sections), I have setup a cron job that runs:
./eprintsCV.py eprints.lincoln.ac.uk 3354 "book,article,book_section,conference_item" > some_file.html
I've then simply used include_html to transclude the result.
Admittedly, there is risk (with a malicious eprints repository operator) for malicious insertion there, but I trust our lot.
If I had more inclination, I'd try and get this working with citeproc-py so that it could output in any format that was desired. As it stands, this is a pretty good solution for an hour-or-so's hacking.